Keystone XL (KXL)
1. Jobs! Jobs! Jobs! During its construction, KXL will create 20,000 direct jobs and an additional 118,000 indirect jobs for American workers.
2. KXL will pay over $5 billion in taxes to the communities along the pipeline’s route. Can you say, new roads and well-funded local services?
3. Cha-Ching! KXL will also generate $20 billion in economic benefits for the U.S. economy during construction.
Dakota Access (DAPL)
4. DAPL construction has created roughly 33,000 jobs, but I guess the fracktivist protestors don’t care about those…
5. In North Dakota, DAPL already created nearly 7,700 jobs generating $450 million in labor income! That’s a lot of dinero.
6. But wait, there’s more! DAPL contributed around $32.9 million for state government and $1.7 million for local governments through taxes—and that’s just in North Dakota!
7. Starting strong! DAPL will generate about $13.1 million in new property tax revenue for North Dakota local governments in just its FIRST. YEAR.