1. Cheaper gas prices.
In May 2015, gasoline prices were at their lowest level in more than half a decade.
2. Generates revenue to support local schools.
Fort Worth ISD received over $9 million in property tax revenue from oil and gas in 2014.
3. It produces economic growth.
That’s something to smile about.
4. Natural gas is one of the cleanest energy sources of energy and helps America reduce CO2 emissions.
In 2015, U.S. CO2 emissions fell to their lowest level in 20 years.
5. Many products are made from oil & natural gas, from computers to shampoo!
Plastics manufacturers use natural gas as a feedstock.
6. It promotes energy independence.
U.S. oil imports are at their lowest level since the 1980s.
7. Fracking supports jobs.
Why does North Dakota have one of the lowest unemployment rates? Fracking, duh.
8. Unlike wind or solar, you don’t have to depend on the weather for fracking.
Rain or shine, fracking does just fine.
9. Provides funding for hospitals and other public services.
Oil and gas royalties generated roughly $500 million for the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas — in just four years.